Thursday, April 28, 2016

35 Weeks


"My beloved is mine, and I am his: 
he feedeth among the lilies."
                                                                                                           Song of Solomon 2:16


35 weeks today and I'm feeling at peace again. My baby shower was this past Saturday and going through all of the cute baby stuff really helped calm my nerves. I can't wait to hold our son and I'm looking forward to introducing him to Miss M.

Speaking of my baby shower, it went great! I was nervous because I still don't know many people in our ward, but there was a great turn out and I was able to get to know the women better which is exactly what I was looking for. I was blown away by how many people came and by their generosity. Mr. P and I are incredibly grateful for all of the love and support that we've received. A BIG shout-out to my mom and my visiting teachers for putting together such a lovely shower.

This week Mr. P and I will be celebrating our six-year anniversary. I can't believe it's already been six years! Even though I had a huge crush on Mr. P when I first met him ten years ago, I never thought we'd be husband and wife one day. We've experienced so much together; the good, bad, sacred, and beautiful.


It's hard to imagine where I would be or who I'd be with if I chose not to write him on his mission and stay in contact. Maybe it's hard to imagine because I don't imagine that often. Why would I?
It hasn't always been easy, no marriage is, but I'm happy I'm his and he's mine. Our trials have brought us closer together and if I ever had to go through any of the things we've experienced together again, Mr. P is the one I'd want holding my hand.

I'm grateful that we get to be Mr. and Mrs. P for eternity because it would be terribly heartbreaking for the love we've created to come to an end.


Next week we'll be celebrating my 26th birthday. I'm less excited about that. The birthday celebration will be great because for the past several years we've gone to the zoo for my birthday (I LOVE the zoo) and that's something I hope turns into a family tradition.
I'm not that thrilled about turning 26. 26 sounds too foreign and too grown-up. 26 feels much further away from 25 than 19 did from 20. I feel like I haven't accomplished enough to be this old already. I've been mentally preparing to write my new age on documents and accidentally actually put 26 on a form last week! I cursed myself for wasting one of my last days of being 25.

As for my pregnancy, things are still going well. My 36 week appointment is next Friday. I'm going to have an ultrasound done to make sure baby J is finally head down. If he's not then my OB is going to try an external version at my 37 week checkup. I think he's flipped, but I still can't tell if the bump he keeps pushing out at the top of my uterus is his head or his butt... 

^What it feels like I'm carrying in there these days.

How far along: 35 weeks. Hopefully only 35 days left at the most.

Sleep: I've been getting up earlier than usual because of the sunlight coming into our room. It's been nice. It allows me to have some alone time before Miss M wakes up and I get to say goodbye to Mr. P before he leaves for work. I still sleep really well and I'm feeling more tired now so I try my best to take advantage of Miss M's nap times.

Movement: This baby has run out of space. He's taking up every inch of room in there and stretching and kicking like some cat who thinks all the space belongs to them.

Cravings: Kale salad. True pregnancy craving right there. What is wrong with me?

Symptoms: Lots of heartburn this past week. Given how little room there is left I'm assuming this symptom will stay put for the remainder of the pregnancy. It's not bad and it could definitely be worse. Pregnancy = still great.

Belly button: Innie, but sometimes half of it looks pretty flat and I can wear certain shirts that make it almost look like an outie!

Thing I'm looking forward to: Our anniversary and the zoo.

Size of baby: Our baby boy is growing like a weed already! He's roughly 20 inches long and 5 1/4lbs which is about the size of a honeydew melon. Yum.


Milestones: Baby boy is almost ready for his big debut. His kidneys should be fully developed by now and they can process some waste products. His nervous and immune system are still maturing, but most of his physical development is done so he's mainly busy packing on the pounds.

The bump: 
Over n' out, y'all.



















No comments:

Post a Comment